Welcome to Comprehensive Neurology & Sleep Medicine
CNSM has been open in Frederick and Montgomery County since 2002. Dr. Konrad Bakker is originally from the Netherlands and did his neurology residency at Georgetown University Hospital and a fellowship at NIH. He is dual certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine and has been practicing since 1986. He loves his work and is truly dedicated to his patients. He often says he is way too happy practicing medicine to retire.
Sarah Jamieson, PA-C joined the practice in 2006 and is well known for her treatment of MS, headaches and sleep disorders. We often hear how patients love her and she was even voted by the Frederick New Post’s poll to be in the top 5 of neurologists along with Dr. Bakker.
We are very proud of our staff and everyone’s dedication to helping our patients with empathy and good cheer. We are fortunate to have staff here for the long term. Our full-time staff has been with us between 7 and 13 years. I believe we treat our patients and staff well and they, in turn, offer patients the care that we all feel they deserve.
Unparalleled, Compassionate Patient Care and Service
At CNSM, we care about treating you well, not just making you well. At the same time that we offer the latest technology used by highly skilled health care providers, we make sure that your comfort and privacy are not overlooked. We pledge to treat you with compassion and courtesy throughout your time with us and to provide education and support resources for both patient and caregivers. This is what sets us apart and is the reason why our patient satisfaction scores are consistently high.
Our Core Values
- Excellence: To commit to high-quality care and the best outcomes
- Compassionate Care: To show empathy for our patients and their support network
- Respect: To demonstrate respect for self, staff, patients and colleagues
- Teamwork: To recognize the importance and contribution of all team members
- Service with Pride: To provide prompt, excellent service that treats patients and staff like family members
- Ethics: To maintain high social, moral and professional standards
- Community: To support and give back to the community
About Privia Health
We are proudly part of Privia Health. Privia equips leading primary and specialty care physicians with cutting-edge resources to help us deliver outstanding, personalized patient care. That’s why Privia’s patient satisfaction scores are 2x higher than national averages. Visit their website to learn how Privia helps you take control of your care.
You have enough on your plate. We make it easy to message your doctor, connect to on-demand virtual care, receive appointment reminders, refill prescriptions, and get care on the go. If you see more than one doctor in our network, your entire care team has access to your medical chart so we can all work together for your health. Use the myPrivia app or patient portal to:
- Book appointments, renew prescriptions, and access your electronic health record
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
Healthy for the Long Haul
You’re more than a set of symptoms. Privia champions lifelong health and wellness, inside and outside the doctor’s office. From pediatrics to adult needs, preventive programs to complex care, doctor’s visits to self-care at home – we’re here to support you on every step in your journey. Count on Privia for:
- Collaborative, team-based medical group with leading local providers
- Same- or next-day appointments with 24/7 telehealth for immediate care
Our Doctors Do More
You can enjoy personalized care without pricey membership fees. Privia doctors take the time to listen to your concerns, from wellness programs to chronic care management. Patients rate our providers 4.9 out of 5 for efforts to include them in decisions about their care, so you can be confident your doctor will help you understand the guidance you get, in-office or virtually. With Privia, you can expect:
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits to develop the right care plan for you
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals