Welcome to Comprehensive Neurology & Sleep Medicine
CNSM has been open in Frederick and Montgomery County since 2002. Dr. Konrad Bakker is originally from the Netherlands and did his neurology residency at Georgetown University Hospital and a fellowship at NIH. He is dual certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine and has been practicing since 1986. He loves his work and is truly dedicated to his patients. He often says he is way too happy practicing medicine to retire.
Sarah Jamieson, PA-C joined the practice in 2006 and is well known for her treatment of MS, headaches and sleep disorders. We often hear how patients love her and she was even voted by the Frederick New Post’s poll to be in the top 5 of neurologists along with Dr. Bakker.
We are very proud of our staff and everyone’s dedication to helping our patients with empathy and good cheer. We are fortunate to have staff here for the long term. Our full-time staff has been with us between 7 and 13 years. I believe we treat our patients and staff well and they, in turn, offer patients the care that we all feel they deserve.
Unparalleled, Compassionate Patient Care and Service
At CNSM, we care about treating you well, not just making you well. At the same time that we offer the latest technology used by highly skilled health care providers, we make sure that your comfort and privacy are not overlooked. We pledge to treat you with compassion and courtesy throughout your time with us and to provide education and support resources for both patient and caregivers. This is what sets us apart and is the reason why our patient satisfaction scores are consistently high.
Our Core Values
- Excellence: To commit to high-quality care and the best outcomes
- Compassionate Care: To show empathy for our patients and their support network
- Respect: To demonstrate respect for self, staff, patients and colleagues
- Teamwork: To recognize the importance and contribution of all team members
- Service with Pride: To provide prompt, excellent service that treats patients and staff like family members
- Ethics: To maintain high social, moral and professional standards
- Community: To support and give back to the community
About Privia Medical Group
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group - a physician-led, multi-speciality, national medical group. The nation’s top primary care physicians and specialists came together to form Privia Medical Group and share in the mission of providing better, more coordinated care to patients.
Our group focuses on taking accountability for the health and wellness of the patients we serve. We use some of the latest advances in medicine to help our patients remain healthy and better manage disease by offering our patients access to innovative health management technologies, proactive team-based care, and an evidenced-based, patient-centered approach.
Here’s what sets Privia Medical Group apart from traditional practices:
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals
- Physician-led, high-performance medical group
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits, with time to develop the right care plan
- Personalized care that exceeds your expectations
- Collaborative, team-based medical group
- Staffed with Health Coaches, Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and Care Managers
- Same-day/next-day appointments available
- Care reminders and alerts
- Check ins with clinical experts between your office visits
- Book appointments and renew prescriptions online
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
- Secure access to electronic medical records
- Pay your invoices by credit card, securely and conveniently
Security and Privacy of Patient Information
We work diligently to ensure our patients’ information remains confidential and secure.
Not only is our team trained in modern privacy standards (such as HIPAA and PCI compliance), but we also keep your information secure with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, firewalls, secure servers (including 24/7 surveillance and biometric access), and many more measures to ensure your information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about Privia Medical Group and find other Privia doctors, please visit our website.